Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Director of Financial Operations
Job Description: DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C., a nationwide investment consulting firm, seeks an ambitious, resourceful and solutions-oriented Senior Accountant to participate in the creation and execution of reliable accounting practices and procedures. This role contributes value though the delivery of accurate financial analysis and timely reporting of the firm’s financials. The Senior Accountant also plays a vital role in collaborating with the Director of Financial Operations on initiatives that drive new efficiencies to deliver top-notch client service and reduction of risk.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and rollout of new initiatives and GAAP compliant policies and procedures
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and regular audits of financials
- Track quarterly financial accruals vs. budget and define reasons for variances to assist with future forecasted results
- Analyze compensation actuals vs. budget and maintain up to date records with the Human Resources team
- Prepare and execute monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting statements
- Develop, facilitate and/or lead billing, accounting and other ad-hoc projects
- Advise and support A/P and A/R team on closing out month end transactions
- Maintain, benchmark and communicate firm financial metrics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Finance or Accounting – required
- CPA certification or certification in progress – a plus but not required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience
- High level knowledge of financial services industry – a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel – required
- Self-starter/motivated and able to work autonomously
- Flexible when priorities shift
- Must be resourceful, reliable and dependable
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills
- Curious, innovative and displays initiative
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable and able to check your ego
- 5% travel for trainings and or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Please submit your application by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in the subject of your email.
DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.