DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is a nationwide investment consulting firm with over 175 employees and approximately $200 billion in assets under advisement. We serve Retirement Plans, Nonprofit Institutions, Private Clients and Financial Institutions. The firm operates as part of a joint venture with NFP, a leading insurance broker and consultant with over 5,600 employees and revenues in excess of $1.4 billion. The Client Service Associate role is a valuable part of the overall level of service and communication provided to clients, Consultants, custodian firms and money managers, working on the clients’ behalf to help them achieve their investment goals, no matter how big or small. The position assumes responsibility for supporting the firm’s Institutional Investment Consultants in the areas of account administration, client servicing, trading and consulting projects. The position will be based in the firm’s Windsor, CT office.
• Act as a liaison between custodians and clients by maintaining client records and authorized signers, managing recurring distributions, opening accounts, preparing Standing Letters of Authorization, etc.;
• Assist clients or Consultants with processing and facilitating money movements, including wires, electronic funds transfers, journals, DTC (Depository Transfer Check) of securities, ACAT (Automated Customer Account Transfer) and non-ACAT transfers in a timely manner while abiding by the Company’s Compliance policies;
• Execute client-directed trade orders through Schwab, Fidelity & TDAmeritrade, while maintaining trade logs;
• Uphold superior client service standards by providing timely follow-up, proactive communication and by being a knowledgeable resource for clients and colleagues;
• Conducting outreach to build and maintain strong relationships with our client-base and identify firm services and solutions, such as digital, online access and cash management offerings, that support our clients’ needs;
• Sustain effective communication with firm colleagues from other departments by maintaining and updating client records and activities in the CRM, shared folders and process workflows;
• Collaborate with peers on accomplishing operational and administrative duties; running reports, responding to general client requests, etc.; and
• Support Institutional Consultants with daily business practices including portfolio administration, client audit requests, telephone coverage, coordination of client meetings and special projects.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred concentration in Business or related;
• 0 – 3 years of investment consulting or financial industry work experience preferred;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required;
• Broad investment knowledge including experience with mutual funds, investment managers, 401(k) and/or Defined Benefit Plan administrative procedures preferred;
• Basic understanding of cash flow objectives;
• Previous CRM, Advent Axys, Adobe and custodial portal experience is a plus;
• Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential;
• Polished phone skills and easily able to establish rapport with others;
• Resourceful and comfortable working independently;
• Skilled problem solver; and
• Thoughtfully driven, accountable and able to check your ego
• Less than 5% travel for trainings and/or business events
• This role works in a professional office environment located in Windsor, CT
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
• Regularly required to speak and hear
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Position
Why Choose DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C.?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Austin, Texas and Washington, DC, the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, non-profit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.