DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C., a nationwide investment consulting firm, seeks an experienced and ambitious professional for the position of Client Service Associate. The firm’s Client Service Associate role is a valuable part of the overall level of service and communication provided to clients, Consultants, custodian firms and money managers, working on the clients’ behalf to help them achieve their investment goals, no matter how big or small. The position assumes responsibility for supporting the firm's Wealth Office (private clients) Investment Consultants in the areas of account administration, client servicing, trading and consulting projects.
- Act as a liaison between custodians and clients by maintaining client records and authorized signers, managing recurring distributions, opening accounts, preparing Standing Letters of Authorization, etc.
- Assist clients or Consultants with processing and facilitating money movements, including wires, electronic funds transfers, journals, DTC (Depository Transfer Check) of securities, ACAT (Automated Customer Account Transfer) and non-ACAT transfers in a timely manner while abiding by the Company’s Compliance policies
- Execute client-directed trade orders through Schwab, Fidelity & TDAmeritrade, while maintaining trade logs and occasionally supporting the Firm Trader
- Uphold top-notch client service standards by providing timely follow-up, sending proactive communication and by being a knowledgeable resource for clients and colleagues
- Sustain effective communication with firm colleagues from other departments by maintaining and updating client records and activities in the CRM, shared folders and process workflows
- Complete subscription documents for various Private Equity and Hedge Fund investments on behalf of the client and work with investment company to set-up initial investment and fulfilling ongoing capital requests
- Collaborate with peers on accomplishing operational and administrative duties; running reports, checking fax mailbox, distributing incoming checks, etc.
- Support firm Consultants with special projects
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
- 2-4 years investment consulting or financial industry work experience strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge of mutual funds, investment managers and brokerage and/or bank account administrative procedures preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel is required
- Previous CRM, Advent Axys, Adobe and custodial portal experience is a plus
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Empathetic and easily able to establish rapport with others
- Resourceful and comfortable working independently
- Skilled problem solver
- Thoughtfully driven, accountable and able to check your ego
- Less than 5% travel for trainings and or business events
- This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Apply For This Position
Why Choose DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C.?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Austin, Texas and Washington, DC, the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, non-profit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.