DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. opened its doors on May 1, 1995 striving to provide unparalleled and customized investment consulting services. Our clients include retirement plan sponsors, nonprofit organizations, private clients, and financial institutions. We abide by a fiduciary obligation to put our clients’ interests first.
DiMeo Schneider seeks a dedicated, experienced, and empathetic Consultant to support our private client efforts. This role assumes responsibility for working within The Wealth Office® (private client group) by collaborating with colleagues to provide guidance, recommendations, and meaningful analysis for retainer and project clients. The Consultant builds trusted relationships and upholds our exceptional service and communication standards. The Consultant utilizes their mutual fund and investment securities knowledge on the clients’ behalf to help achieve their investment goals, supporting our mission of helping clients prosper.
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop asset allocation, investment policy statements, financial planning analysis, and fund manager selections
• Manage all aspects of client account administration, including accurate and up-to-date client records and activities in the CRM, shared folders, and process workflows
• Facilitate accurate, prompt, and secure transactions and trades within client portfolios
• Uphold client service standards by providing timely follow-up, proactive communication, and serving as a knowledgeable resource
• Respond to client requests in a timely, efficient, and effective manner in collaboration with Client Service Associates, Performance Analysts, and Client Analysts
• Support Senior Consultants and Partners with meeting preparation and various requests
• Learn, collaborate, and share ideas with colleagues in Investment Committee and team meetings
• Assist with other ad-hoc financial planning projects
• Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred concentration in Finance, Accounting, Investing, or Economics
• Minimum of two (2) years of investment consulting industry experience
• Direct client-facing and relationship management experience is preferred
• Broad knowledge of mutual funds and investment managers, accounts and investment-related administrative procedures, and asset allocation principles
• Current CFA or CFP charterholder, or designation in progress, is preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required
• Excellent communication skills
• An empathetic relationship-builder
• Comfortable with presentations and public speaking
• Flexible when priorities shift and able to work autonomously
• Must be resourceful, reliable, and dependable
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
• Innovative, intellectually curious, and enthusiastic
• Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
• Thoughtfully driven, accountable, and able to check your ego
• 10-15% travel for client meetings, training, and business events
• This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL (tentatively remote, due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
• Sitting, particularly for sustained periods
• Regularly required to speak and hear
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Why Choose DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C.?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Austin, Texas and Washington, DC, the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, non-profit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.