We are accepting applications for the Director of Finance opportunity from August 21, 2020 – August 31, 2020. DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is a nationwide investment consulting firm with over 175 employees and approximately $200 billion in assets under advisement. We serve Retirement Plans, Nonprofit Institutions, Private Clients and Financial Institutions. The firm operates as part of a joint venture with NFP, a leading insurance broker and consultant with over 5,600 employees and revenues in excess of $1.4 billion. The Director of Finance is critical in further accelerating the firm’s growth by establishing, implementing and leading strategic financial direction, producing measurable results and striving for continuous improvement. This individual must have previous experience in financial services, investment management or investment consulting. The Director of Finance will exemplify a passion for finance and demonstrate change management expertise. This role is vital to the success of the firm’s financial activities and responsible for thought leadership in upholding service standards for both our clients and colleagues. The position will be based in the firm’s Chicago, IL office.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of the Finance department consisting of five professionals; determine optimal roles and responsibilities of the team;
• Maintain financial compliance with federal, state and local requirements, and ensure financial reporting is audit-ready at all times;
• Working with the COO, lead the annual budget process to achieve growth targets and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasted;
• Develop and accountable for the firm’s financial operations strategic business plan;
• Manage firm financial functions by establishing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures to optimize firm financial operations and achieve measurable results;
• Provide proactive reporting on the firm’s financial condition by preparing, interpreting and reporting key financial data and creating straightforward summary reports periodically for firm stakeholders;
• Calculate compensation and profit distribution figures for partners;
• Hire, train, develop and review the performance of the Finance team with consultation provided by Human Resources;
• Maintain and build trusted relationships with key business partners, colleagues and stakeholders;
• Provide resources and insights within and across departments and offer thought leadership on special projects and varied requests; and
• Develop key management metrics for the business, including Business Line and Client Profitability analyses.
• Financial services, investment management or investment consulting experience required;
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business;
• CPA or relevant certification preferred;
• Master’s Degree a plus;
• 10+ years of relevant work experience;
• Excellent people and collaboration skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic Leadership Team;
• Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to corporate mission;
• Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity;
• A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics;
• Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues;
• Advanced knowledge of CRM tools;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel is required;
• Proactive communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Resourceful and comfortable working independently;
• Strategic business partner at all levels of leadership;
• Success managing and optimizing teams of people;
• Deep understanding of quarterly billing processes, financial principles, cash flow analysis and best practices;
• Effectively balance, prioritize and delegate several initiatives while managing expectations; and
• Thoughtfully driven, accountable and able to check your ego.
• 5-10% travel for office visits, trainings and other business events
• This role works in a professional office environment located in downtown Chicago, IL
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting, particularly for sustained periods of time
• Regularly required to speak and hear
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Please submit your application by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in the subject of your email.
DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply For This Position
Why Choose DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C.?
Headquartered in Chicago’s financial district with additional offices in Austin, Texas and Washington, DC, the firm strives to provide impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, non-profit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.