DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C., a Chicago investment management consulting firm, seeks an experienced, talented, organized, and ambitious professional for the position of Alternative Investments Analyst. The position will work with a team of professionals in the firm, researching hedge fund managers and tracking hedge fund portfolios for the firm’s clients.
Primary Job Functions:
• The main function of this position will be to assist in the evaluation of the operations of hedge fund and private equity managers that have been either approved by DiMeo Schneider or under consideration for approval. Other duties of the analyst will be:
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the leaders of business operations of hedge funds and private equity managers, as well the service providers of alternative investment managers.
• Review all operational documentation related to managers.
• Assist in conducting on-site operational reviews of hedge fund and private equity managers and their service providers.
• Write detailed operational reviews of managers that include an analysis and opinion of the quality of the operations. The write-up will be presented as a part of the approval process to the firm’s Hedge Fund Committee and Private Equity Committee.
• Perform regular monitoring and on-going diligences of managers DiMeo Schneider’s clients are currently invested.
• Update research depository for operational information received from managers.
• Develop and implement ideas to improve the diligence process.
• Secondary duties of this analyst will be to assist the investment team with projects related to individual manager risk tracking and assessment, such as tracking changes in a manager’s 13-F and quarterly investment write-up. Projects will include tracking key metrics for individual hedge fund manager’s invested positions, exposure, valuations, and counterparty risk
List of key needs/requirements in a candidate
• Two to four years of experience in either a Big 4 audit firm with a background in auditing alternative investment managers, a back office of a hedge fund, or operational due diligence at an investment consultant or fund of funds.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting. MBA or progress toward MBA a plus.
• Candidate should have knowledge of trading and settlements, reconciliations, valuations, and compliance.
• Candidate should be comfortable reading audited financial statements and fund legal documents.
• Candidate should know the roles service providers play in alternative manager’s operations.
• Candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Candidate that is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) would be ideal
• Candidate should have the ability to travel
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to manage projects to a timely completion.
• Above average Excel skills
• An attitude that is comfortable in rolling up your sleeves and working on what needs to be done to finish a task.
Please submit resume with salary history/requirement by fax to Hedge Fund Research at (312) 853-3352 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job Code ORA-2016.
DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C.
Located in Chicago’s financial district, the firm provides impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, non-profit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.