Institutional Consultant needed at Chicago, IL headquarters:
As Institutional Consultant for DiMeo Schneider & Associates, the primary function is to provide support to Senior Consultants in providing advice, recommendations & meaningful analysis to institutional investors including defined contribution, defined benefit, endowment and foundation clients.
Specific Tasks as Directed by Senior Consultants will include:
• Work with clients in areas of investment policy, asset allocation, manager selection, vendor searches and performance monitoring;
• Interaction with third party administrators to facilitate all aspects of account administration;
• Facilitate transactions and trades within client portfolios, and respond to client requests in a timely and efficient manner;
• Keep accurate records of transactions and maintain accurate and detailed reports of all clients;
• Interview clients to determine clients’ assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
• Discuss financial options with clients and keep them informed about transactions;
• Develop financial plans, based on analysis of clients’ financial status;
• Manage occasional training of employees within the Associate position on the Institutional Consulting Team;
• Travel to client meetings on an annual, semiannual, quarterly, and sometimes monthly basis – travel consists of 25-50% of time spent per annum; Cities to visit include: Atlanta, GA; Barberton, OH; Batavia, IL; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Dayton, OH; Detroit, MI; Dousman, WI; Edmond, OK; Glenview, IL; Libertyville, KY; Louisville, KY; Memphis, TN; Nashville, TN; Oakbrook, IL; Pleasant Prairie, WI; Seattle, WA; St. Louis, MO;
• Maintain compliance with Investment Advisors Act of 1940;
General, Minimum Requirements:
• BA/BS in Business Finance, or Related, or its Foreign Equivalency, 3 yrs. of experience within the financial sector to include Direct Experience working with Institutional clients and all areas of oversight including but not limited to:
o Defined Benefit/Pension Plans
– Asset allocation modeling
– Asset-liability studies
– Terminal funding searches
– Asset allocation modeling
– Rebalancing methodology
– ESG/SRI experience
• CFA, Chartered Financial Analyst Designation or progress toward CFA; thorough knowledge of the Investment Advisors Act of 1940; Strong skills in Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Persuasion, Reading Comprehension, Effective Verbal Communication; Must be Proficient in Word, Excel, & Powerpoint;
• Comprehensive knowledge of asset classes and investment managers encompassing mutual funds, commingled/collective investment trusts and separately managed accounts as well as brokerage and/or bank account administrative procedures
• Expertise with reviewing and drafting Investment Policy Statements
• Strong business writing skills (writing samples must be submitted)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with varied priorities
• Full Time, 40 Hrs / week
• Long Term Employment
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
The Company offers an Employee Referral Bonus Program to regular full-time and part-time employees who refer successful regular full-time or part-time (not temporary) hires to the Company. If an employee recommends a qualified individual for a posted opening and the referral is hired and remains with the Company for at least three months, the Company will pay a $1,000.00 referral bonus to the referring employee. Referral bonus will be paid three months following the referred employee’s start date. This bonus is considered supplemental income and will be subject to payroll tax deductions.
• Referring employees must be regular (non-temporary) employees of the Company.
• Referring employees must be actively employed with the Company and in good standing at the time of payment.
• The new hire must list the referring employee’s name on the Company’s employment application during the pre-hire process.
• The new hire must not be currently or previously an employee or contractor of the Company
• The new hire must be actively employed with the Company at the time of payment and have completed at least three months of work.
Employees not eligible to receive a referral bonus
• Members of the Company’s Executive Management Committee
• Managers/supervisors to whom the employee will report
• Temporary employees
• Human Resources managers and recruiters
• Send Resumes, or Employee Referrals via email to email@example.com , or
• Mail Resumes to 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1700 Chicago, IL 60661-4593
• Ph / 312.853.1000 Fax / 312.853.3352
• Attn: Rich Thomas, Director of Finance