DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C., a Chicago investment consulting firm overseeing $55 Billion in institutional and high net worth client assets, seeks an experienced and ambitious professional for the position of Senior Alternative Investment Analyst. The position is primarily responsible for sourcing and evaluating private equity and other private asset opportunities and will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer. The individual will work on the private assets team, which includes another senior analyst. In addition, the candidate may be asked to work with members of the traditional, hedge fund, real assets and capital markets teams on joint research tasks or projects.
Primary Job Functions:
• Report directly to the chief investment officer.
• Source, research, evaluate and monitor existing and prospective investments.
• Assist in manager selection through the sourcing of new private investments and leading initial due diligence to determine if the strategy warrants further consideration by the firm’s private assets team.
• Conduct and document detailed analysis and due diligence of prospective private investments to build a comprehensive and methodical case for an investment recommendation.
• Attend manager meetings, actively participate in the dialogue with managers, and take detailed notes in order to prepare all necessary documentation.
• Present recommendations to the firm’s investment committee and private assets team.
• Attend industry conferences and network effectively.
• Perform extensive research and analysis to support concepts and conclusions of potential investments.
• Actively contribute to decisions on managers and portfolio construction recommendations.
• Proactively execute ad-hoc alternative investment research projects from concept to completion.
• Provide insight and assistance to the broader investment teams, investment consultants and clients related to trends and investment opportunities in private equity and alternative investments in general.
List of key requirements/needs in a candidate:
• Four-year degree required preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other related field of study.
• MBA and/or CFA (or significant progress towards CFA) a significant plus
• Proficient using Microsoft Excel
• Possess effective written & verbal communication skills
• Be an effective networker
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with varied priorities and deadlines
• Ability and desire to work in a collegial and fast-paced environment
• Prior experience at a private equity firm, a PE fund of funds firm, an investment consulting firm, a plan sponsor, a family office or any other entity that makes significant private investments.
• An understanding of SRI and ESG concepts and mandates a significant plus.
The appropriate individual will find the position to be challenging and rewarding. Our fast-paced environment provides significant opportunity for career advancement and professional stimulation. Firm culture promotes an environment that fosters teamwork and values associates that are accountable and thoughtfully driven. Compensation includes base salary + bonus structure commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Job Reference Number: Senior Alt. Investment Research – 06.2016 on the subject line of the email.
About DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C.
Located in Chicago’s financial district, the firm provides impartial, cost effective investment consulting to plan sponsors, non-profit organizations and private clients. Seasoned professionals make use of leading edge technology to deliver a variety of services including: investment policies, performance evaluation, asset allocation analysis, administrative/trustee search, asset liability analysis, spending policies, manager/fund search, cost/benefit analysis. The firm prides itself on the level of service it provides to each client and a proactive approach. DiMeo Schneider & Associates, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce; women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.